The Moments That Mattered
- Captain Sophie Devine got the home side off to a stellar start, scoring 35 runs and showcasing her power with six boundaries.
- Player of the Final Marizanne Kapp hit an unbeaten 31 and formed a solid partnership in the middle overs with Heather Graham (23) who played her 100th match in the orange.
- Alana King got the momentum with the Scorchers at the end of the innings, scoring a whirlwind 14 off just five deliveries to help Perth on their way to 5-146 from their 20 overs.
- With ball in hand, Perth was unstoppable, keeping it tight to have the visitors 2-16 at the end of the powerplay.
- Taneale Peschel put in a huge effort, taking 2-23 from her four overs, while Graham was strong picking up two of her own.
- Kapp had an incredible spell early, going for just eight runs from her first three overs, and took a well-deserved wicket in her last.
- The Strikers finished their innings on 6-134, allowing the Scorchers to claim their first WBBL title
- Opening batter Beth Mooney finished the season with the Golden Cap as the competition’s leading run scorer with 547
- The crowd of 15,511 at Optus Stadium is the highest attendance for a standalone WBBL match in the history of the league.
After the match Marizanne Kapp revealed her preparations for the big clash were interrupted after falling ill in Adelaide.
“When we travelled back from Adelaide, I already wasn’t feeling too great, I woke up feeling so sick the past few days,” she said.
“During the batting, I felt like I was going to pass out, but it was all worth it.
“I feel like if you don’t perform, you feel like you let everyone down, so it means a lot to play well.
“Today was really solid a team performance, they’re a really good bunch of players and hopefully it’s something we can do every year.
“I think the Strikers were brilliant as well, I feel like they were just as deserving to win the cup.
“I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Scorchers this season, the girls have been amazing.”
After finishing as runner ups in WBBL|02 and WBBL|03, it was third time’s the charm with the Scorchers crowned champions of the competition.
Adelaide Strikers Women
Perth Scorchers WomenWeber WBBL|07