The Moments That Mattered
- Home-grown favourites Piepa Cleary and Taneale Peschel both celebrated their 50th appearance for the Scorchers
- Marizanne Kapp was ruthless with the ball in hand, decimating the Hurricanes top order and finishing with the best ever figures by a Scorcher of 4-10 from her four over
- Off-spinner Lilly Mills claimed 3-18 and now has 15 scalps in the WBBL|07 to be the competition’s current Golden Arm leader
- The Hurricanes slumped to 6-19 courtesy of a Scorchers bowling blitz and set a modest target of 97
- Perth eclipsed Hobart’s total with relative ease in the 16th over, with Chloe Piparo (29) top-scoring for the Scorchers
After the game Marizanne Kapp said;
“We were disappointed with our performance yesterday, but we came back stronger today and are very happy to get the win.
“As a team we’ve been having a lot of fun, but the performances have been inconsistent, so hopefully today is a sign of what is to come from our group.
“Hopefully today helps me going forward in the competition, I’m very happy to contribute to the side’s performance in a great win.”
The Scorchers fly to Adelaide tomorrow ahead of Tuesday’s match against the Melbourne Stars at Karen Rolton Oval.