The Scorchers will head into the contest full of confidence after toppling Brisbane Heat by six wickets at Marvel Stadium on Monday night. .
Moments That Mattered
- On a pitch that suited spin bowling, Peter Hatzoglou cashed in, taking career-best BBL figures of 2-17 from his four overs.
- Jason Behrendorff (2-25) was able to adapt to the conditions effectively, while Ashton Agar (1-26) proved a handful for the Heat’s batters.
- Mitch Marsh was welcomed back into the Scorchers line-up with a wicket, and AJ Tye also claimed a scalp to help restrict Brisbane to 7-155 from 20 overs.
- With the bat, Kurtis Patterson got Perth off to a fast start, smashing three sixes on his way to 26.
- But the innings belonged to Player of the Match Marsh (59 off 34), who acclimatised to the pitch before unleashing with 36 runs during the Power Surge.
- Another key inclusion, Colin Munro (24), rotated the strike nicely when Marsh was in full flight.
- The 84-run partnership between the two put the Scorchers in the box seat, setting up the win with eight balls to spare.
After his match-defining knock, Marsh said:
“It was nice to be back playing cricket. I’ve said it many times now, but I love coming back into this group. I think it’s really important when you spend a bit of time away at this stage of the tournament to provide as much energy as you can.
“I’ve just been really consistent with my pre-ball routines. I’ve had a lot of consistency with batting at three as well. I think when you bat down the order, you come in and out at different stages of the game so that’s really allowed me to focus on playing a really consistent game.
“I think the boys have been fantastic. Every other team has had it the same, it certainly hasn’t been an easy Big Bash for everyone involved. We’re very thankful we’ve still been able to play cricket … and we’re primed for the finals.
“This is finals cricket now, so this is why we play. There’s no easy games in finals … The great thing about our squad is we’ve all played finals cricket. We’ve all experienced some great, competitive battles.”
The results of the remaining BBL|11 fixtures will determine who the Scorchers play in Saturday’s Qualifier Final at Marvel Stadium.
Brisbane Heat Men
Perth ScorchersKFC BBL|11