For the second time this season Perth got across the line in a Super Over and once again it was the magnificent Devine who struck the Scorchers to success.
Devine needed just two balls to eclipse the nine-run target set by the Strikers, battering successive sixes off Megan Schutt to seal the win.
The Moments That Mattered
- Player of the Match Beth Mooney set the scene with the bat and top scored with 36 runs
- Mooney was well supported by Heather Graham (22), Sophie Devine (20) and Chamari Athapaththu (20)
- Spinner Lilly Mills was the pick of the Perth bowlers with figures of 2-18 from her three overs
- Marizanne Kapp, Lisa Griffith, Taneale Peschel and Graham also managed one wicket apiece.
- Kapp bowled the Super Over for the Scorchers and restricted the visitors to nine runs before Devine made the sublime look simple in a clinical two-ball demolition
- A record 32 dogs took part in the pooch parade at the innings break with Ruby the cavoodle crowned Dog of the Match.
After the game Sophie Devine said;
“You have a license to go out and swing in a Super Over, so for me it is about getting into good positions and then trying to clear the rope.
“I thought Kapp did a fantastic job executing with the ball…she executed brilliantly in the last over with her yorkers and we had to back her in for the Super Over.
“It’s nice to get a win for the girls today and hopefully give us a bit of momentum.
“The support we had today was incredible, we were excited to play here in front of our Members and fans and they certainly helped get us over the line today.
“We love playing in Perth, our team have a great connection to Scorchers supporters and we can’t wait to take the field again tomorrow.”
The Perth Scorchers will return to Lilac Hill tomorrow, Sunday 31 October, to take on the Sydney Sixers.